Last Updated: February 1, 2023.
This Policy describes:
- Information that we receive from you when you interact with the Services;
- How we process the information that we receive;
- When and why information is disclosed to third parties; and
- Your choices regarding the processing of your information.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect various kinds of information that you provide to us and that we obtain from your use of the Services. Some of the types of information that we collect include:
- Information used in creating and using the Platform, such as your name, location, phone number, email address, insurance information, property information, and claim-related information;
- Your account preferences and settings;
- Actions you take while using the Services;
- Content you submit, such as comments, messages, responses, support requests, webform submittals, or any other information that you provide through the Services;
- Contact information of persons or organizations that you have identified as associated with your property or insurance claim;
- Information about the location of the device used to access the Services;
- Your technical and general Internet usage information (e.g., your browser type; service provider; IP address; operating system; webpages visited; length and frequency of your visits; and metadata, such as the date and time of a shared comment);
- Information about transactions you conduct on the Services; and
- Information necessary to detect and prevent fraud.
How We Collect Information
Whether we collect certain types of information and how we process them depends on how you use and access the Services. We collect information about you in the following ways:
- From you. We collect information from you when you create an account for the Services, when you use the Services, provide us with feedback, or otherwise voluntarily provide us information.
- From service providers with your consent. To enable you to conveniently access and collect information about your insurance coverage and property for use within the Platform, we may partner with third parties that specialize in consumer-authorized data sharing. These service providers collect only what you authorize them to collect, and do so according to terms and privacy policies that we make available to you before you use their services.
- Cookies and pixel tags/web beacons. Cookies are small text files sent to or accessed from your web browser that contain information about the device you use to access the Services. Cookies collect information from your device such as the device’s IP address; location; operating system and browser type; domain, user, and other system settings; browsing history, including the website you were on before you came to the Services; and activities conducted while using the Services. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about engagement on our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forward. These technologies help us improve the Services, personalize your experience, store your information, and prevent fraud.
How We Use Information About You
We use your information to provide the services, experiences, products, or information you request. We may also use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- To provide and personalize your experience with the Services;
- To develop and improve the Services;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
- To provide customer service;
- To communicate with you about your transactions or use of the Services;
- To allow us to contact you by phone, email, text, or otherwise, about the Services or information related to the Services;
- To provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To personalize advertising that you see on the Services;
- To detect, investigate, prevent, and respond to fraud or any other harmful activities that could impact the safety of our users;
- To carry out any contracts we have entered into related to the Services; and
When We Share and Disclose Information About You
We do not actively collect information that specifically identifies you for the purpose of selling it to marketing lists (i.e., we’re not in the business of selling customer lists). When do, however, share information for other purposes under the following circumstances:
- When you consent. We may share information with certain third parties if you have given us consent to do so. These third parties can include other parties on the Platform with whom you have initiated communication or engaged for professional services.
- For legal purposes. We will disclose information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order, governmental request, or other legal or regulatory process.
- In aggregated form. We may share information about you in an aggregated or anonymized form—that is, in a statistical or summary form that does not include any personal identifiers—with third parties in order to discover and reveal trends about how users interact with the Services.
- During corporate changes. We reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets.
In addition, when you use the Services, certain information will be shared with other users and the public, including some of your account information and Services’ activities. For example, the Services allow users to communicate with one another through comments. This content may be publicly viewable, along with the username associated with the content, and the time that the content was posted. Through the posted content, users or site visitors may be able to view additional information about your account profile depending on the settings you have chosen for your account. We therefore strongly recommend that all users evaluate their account’s privacy settings and avoid posting personal or sensitive information on the Services at any time.
Information Storage and Security
We collect and store all of your information in the United States. We store information for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For example, if you create an account, we will store your information for as long as needed to maintain your account, provide the services you request, enforce any applicable terms that govern your use of the Services, and maintain appropriate records to reflect our delivery of services to you. We also may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as permitted by law.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. While we employ reasonable efforts to safeguard your information, no system or transmission of information over the Internet is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services—any transmission is at your own risk. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you transmit through the Services and take appropriate steps to protect your information. In some cases, your information is accessible when you log into a feature we offer, and in those cases you need to keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your information is protected.
This website is intended for adults 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly solicit, collect, or store any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to create an account or otherwise use the Services. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from someone under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If parents or guardians believe that we have unintentionally collected their children’s personal information, they may request the deletion of the information by contacting us at the address provided below under Contact Us.
Your Rights and Choices
- Account information. You may review and adjust your account information and privacy preferences through your account settings on the Services. You may also delete your account at any time.
- Communications. You may opt-out of certain messages we send you by clicking on the opt-out link included in the messages or by contacting us at the address provided below under Contact Us.
- Google Analytics. To optimize our Services, se use Google Analytics to track anonymous information regarding your location and use of the Website and related Services. You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and customized Google Display Network ads by visiting Google Ads Settings and Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
- California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, then subject to certain limits under California law, you may request certain details about information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address provided below under Contact Us.
Links To Other Websites and Services; Third-Party Practices
Please include your name, contact information, and the nature of your request so that we can appropriately respond to your communication.